Welcome to Olbia.
10 good reasons to stay in Olbia
Olbia Touristic City
The city of Olbia, Sardinia's front door, could be considered a crossing point for tourists visiting the Island, our car rental company lists 10 good reasons to stay a little bit longer in the city:
1) The city's natural Gulf is wonderful, just think of the Pink Flamingos.
2) The beaches from Olbia to Golfo Aranci are stunning, all with white sand and beautiful sea. Porto Istana and Capo Ceraso are also part of the municipality of Olbia.
3) Due to its location, Olbia offers gorgeous views, for instance Monte Pino: overlooking the city, offers hiking and breathtaking views.
4) The park of Padrongianus river is ideal for active holidays and excursions in kayaks.
5) Olbia is a city rich in history. Start with a visit to the archaeological museum to deepen this aspect. (pre-Nuragic and Nuragic eras, Carthaginians, Phoenicians, Romans)
6) Olbia has all the facilities of a big city within tourist’s reach.
7) The hotels of the city are new, you will find many B&B, the rural tourism establishments are within easy reach and the beaches are fully equipped.
8) The city has one of Italy's most beautiful city parks, perfect for jogging addicts and for outdoor sports.
9) The holiday homes have competitive prices.
10) Olbia is a strategic point for those who, by car, want to visit Gallura and Alta Baronia regions. But staying in Olbia at night can be the best time to discover other hidden aspects of the city.
F.A.Q. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OLBIA AS TURISTICA
In which area of Sardinia is Olbia located?
Olbia is located in northeastern Sardinia, on the northeastern coast. It is the gateway to the more commonly called Costa Smeralda.
Where is the best place to stay for a holiday in Olbia?
The city of Olbia is an exceptional logistics center, it has no equal, staying in the city it will be easy to reach places in the immediate vicinity but also the most popular and well-known places in northern Sardinia.
What are the beaches of Olbia?
Olbia has a coastal region that extends for about one hundred kilometers, within this region, there are many beaches of white sand with crystal sea water. Just to name a few of them: Pittulongu, Pellicano, Ira Beach, Porto Istana, Punta Corallina, Rena Bianca, etc. The noble Island of Tavolara is also located in the municipality of Olbia.
Where is Olbia airport located?
Olbia Costa Smeralda airport is located about 4km from the historic city center. The airport area is perfectly integrated with the urban fabric, from the airport is easy to reach all of Sardinian beautys.
What is Olbia famous for?
Olbia is famous for its events such as the New Year or the Olbian summer, its quality of life is of European level, good food, the beaches in the immediate vicinity are known all over the world. The historic center is a gem, to be admired from the famous Ferris wheel.
How many inhabitants does Olbia have?
Olbia has a resident population of approximately 62,000 inhabitants
Which hamlets are part of Olbia?
Above all Porto Rotondo, San Pantaleo and Pittulongu. But the beautiful and characteristic hamlets of Olbia are also: Berchiddeddu, Murta Maria, Rudalza, Su Canale (a hamlet shared with the municipalities of Monti, Loiri Porto San Paolo, Telti).